Monday, June 9, 2008

Xavier's, Piermont, New York ****

Xavier's is a decided step up for an admitted diner junkie. No diner, Xavier's -- non, non! Xavier's is tres shi-shi -- one of those places where you get many courses (I think I counted six.), of about a tablespoon of food each course. Impeccable service, interesting food, quiet, intimate setting -- definitely a fine place for a special occasion dinner, which mine was. I understand that one must make reservations months in advance. This was my second time at Xavier's. Shi-shi food is not really my thing -- not that I don't like it or am afraid of it -- but because it's often overpriced, over-wrought, frequently served by rude waiters in loud, overcrowded dining rooms -- but Xavier's completely avoids all those too-faddy pitfalls. Again, for a special occasion evening, Xavier's is pretty close to perfect.

No comments: