Monday, June 9, 2008

The Waverly Restaurant, West Village, Manhattan *****

Okay, I admit it. I'm a diner junkie. And the Waverly is my all-time favorite. I've been coming to the Waverly for years, every chance I get. I love the Latino wait staff at The Waverly, for one thing. You just won't find any better. As far as food goes, the omelettes are the stand-out at The Waverly. They're served in a little skillet. The menu is HUGE. I don't see how in the world one little place can offer so much variety on a menu. The food isn't what I'd call gourmet, by any stretch, but it's fine for what it is -- diner food -- and the price is right and the service is wonderful and the place is spotless -- so I love it. Long live The Waverly!

1 comment:

Amanda Storey said...

Thanks to you, I know how good the Waverly Restaurant is! My mom and I absolutely loved it. I also saw the lead singer from Hot Hot Heat enjoying a piece of toast. Awesome. LOVE the waverly!